Consultations in french and spanish only.
- Member of the Speech Therapists and Audiologists Québec Association (OOAQ)
- Member of the Psychotherapists Quebec Association
- Member of the Professional Psychoterapists Quebec Association
- Member of the Association for Affective Birth Preparation.
- Masters in Speech Therapy (Université de Montréal)
- Training in Analytical Psychotherapy (IMPA)
- Training in Communication by touch, Affective Childbirth Preparation and Affective Newborn Support by Play (Institution of training in Affective Communication, Belgium)
- Training in Newborn Observation with the Esrehr Bick Method
- Wait and Wonder Method
- Care indez Method
- Newborn Behavioral observation system Method (Brazelton)
Sylviane’s extensive experience as a Speech therapist with young children with speech defiences and autistic syndroms led her to focus her expertise on young children and develop her practice from pregnency to speech.
Convinced that true speech, unique and specific to human beings, allows to transform difficult times and situations, Sylviane built her training around psychotherapy, pregnency and parenthood.
She received training in Affective Childbirth Preparation, an approach developped to help parents to build confidence in their abality to give birth (for the mother), support the mother and newborn (for the father) and, for both parents, provide security to their child throughout the birthing process. Sylviane also offers support young parents in order to discover with them their baby’s needs in terms of autonomy and dependance and guide the child on the road towards autonomy and a harmonious development.
FIELDS OF PRACTICE
Retardation in communication and speech (05 years)
- Affective Childbirth Preparation
- Affective support to newborns through play
- Parental guidance
WHY VISIT ?
- Psychologically difficult pregnancy
- Postpartum difficulties
- Feeling of disconnection with the baby, os not understanding its needs, difficulties to interact
- Speech retardation in very young children
- Opposition problems with young children
- Worries and questions about parenting
- Marital and couple problems
- Challenges with parenthood, as a couple or as single parents
- Personnal insecurities
- Speech therapy : 120$
- Psychotherapy and coaching : 90$