PHYSIOTHERAPIST, M.SC. PT
MEMBER OF ‘‘ORDER PROFESSIONNEL DE LA PHYSIOTHÉRAPIE DU QUEBEC’’ (OPPQ)
Florence graduated in 2014, from the University of Montreal, with a Bachelor-Master of Sciences in Physiotherapy. Since then, she works in a private clinic treating a diverse range of orthopaedic clients. Her goals are a quick and complete rehabilitation for her clients. No matter the goal, be it a simple as walking to complicated issues regarding sleep disturbance and coming back to sport. A dynamic and creative person, so she will provide you a personal treatment adapted to your needs, condition and lifestyle while keeping you motivated in your rehabilitation
Florence has a great interest in manual therapy and motor control as means for treatment of her patients. Furthermore, she is constantly curious and continually evolving her treatment technics, in this effort, she constantly continues her edification in both branches of physiotherapy. She has started her advanced manipulative therapy formation with ‘‘The Quebec Association of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy’’.
Furthermore, she is a track and field athlete in 800m and 1500m, in the national arena, while maintaining a passion for sports and the treatment of athletes. She studied the basics of taping and sports traumatology, both considered optional courses at university. Next, after attending Blaise Dubois’ conference ‘‘Courir vite, avec plaisir et sans se blesser’’ (i.e., Run fast, while having fun and injury free), Florence took the full course on the biomecanic analysis of running and the assessment and treatment of running patients. Also, her leadership leads her to make a partnership with the sports clubs of University of Montreal and the track and field club Saint-Laurent Sélect, so she is now also treating a lot of athletes from multiple sports.
FIELDS OF PRACTICE
- Prevention / acute conditions / chronic conditions
- Rehabilitation after an orthopaedic surgery or fracture (pain, mobility, muscular strength)
- Herniated discs / back pain/ neck pain
- Sciatica (sciatic nerve pain)
- Osteoarthritis: spine, extremities (knees, hips, etc.)
- Tendinitis, bursitis (shoulder, elbow, knee, hip, ankle)
- Capsulitis (shoulder)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pain from repetitive movements, prolonged positions, sportive activities
- Sprain (ankle, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, thumb)
- Feet or hands numbness or tinglings
- Foot pain: Lenoir spur, plantar fasciitis
- Muscle pain: strain, stiffness, etc.
- Running analysis
80$ / First consultation
80$ / 55 min. follow-up
60$ / 30 min. follow-up
Note: The treatments compensated by the CSST or SAAQ are not applicable with this physiotherapist.