Therapists in Alternative Medicine
There are numerous therapeutic approaches to alternative medicine around the world. This wealth of techniques means that everyone can find a tailor-made approach, provided one makes the right choices.
Today the demand for alternative medicines is growing considerably. Seeing the inability of conventional medicine to treat certain conditions, more and more people are turning to natural therapies or alternative medicines that help them to understand their bodies. These disciplines go hand in hand with a re-assessment of a materialist mindset and lifestyle. Finding the right kind of treatment and the right therapist are not the only difficulty. One must also find the right moment and know how to combine different kinds of therapy.
All forms of alternative medicine, as different as they are, have a common basic principle: our bodies have the strength to heal themselves. This power of self-healing is nevertheless weakened by our way of life. Therapists work to stimulate this strength using natural methods. The physical and the psychological are one and the same.
Alternative medicine treats the whole person. We are only in good health when we feel great, when we feel happy to begin the day, and when we can live in harmony with ourselves and those around us.
Eight questions to help you find the right specialist:
1. Of which associations and/or professional orders is the therapist a member?
2. What are his/her credentials and what was his/her training process?
3. How many years of experience does he/she have in his/her field?
4. Does the therapist have post-graduate training?
5. What is the therapist’s personality like?
6. What do you think of the therapist’s ability to communicate and help you understand, and his/her ability to
7. What is the therapist’s work environment? (alone, interdisciplinary, in a clinic…)
8. Is the therapist recommended? (word of mouth, media coverage…)